Manpower Information Systems (MIS) Specialist
MGySgt to Cpl - NMOS (0111)
Manpower Information System Analysts serve as the functional managers of specific, fielded Manpower Information Systems in a regional jurisdiction. These Marines serve as critical management supervisors for the Marines Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) which impacts all active, reserve and retired personnel. MIS Analysts provide procedural assistance in the preparation, submission, retrieval and audit of records and reports within the MCTFS, the Diary/Marine Integrated Personnel System (UD/MIPS), the On-line Diary System (OLDS), SABRS Manpower Analytical Retrieval Tool System (SMARTS), and other automated manpower information systems. Typical duties of MIS Analyst include research, procedural or system problem solving for reporting units, monitoring completion of class I systems cyclic updates, Marine Online (MOL) issues, and conducting educational/training contact visits to both active and reserve reporting units within the regional jurisdiction. Duties of this magnitude require that they typically support over 100 reporting units and anywhere from 20,000 to 70,000 Marines within their respective geographical region. MOS 0171 can only be assigned upon completion of 12 months OJT in a Manpower Information System Support Office (MISSO) with approval of the Officer in Charge of MISSO and CMC (MIO). MOS 0171 should be considered more extensive than MOS 0111 requirements due to the broad spectrum of functional areas covered. This MOS will be assigned a NMOS only.
- Must possess MOS 0111.
- Demonstrate qualification through performance during a 12 month tour in MISSA/MISSO.
- Assignments are made to qualified Marines who:
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency of a window working environment.
- Demonstrate advanced proficiency of the Marine Corps standard word processing and database software.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Deployed Local Area Network (DLAN).
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and capabilities of Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS).
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and capabilities of Unit Diary/Manpower Integrated Personal System (UD/MIPS).
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Terminal Areas Security Officer (TASO) responsibilities/duties.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the Automated Pay System.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.3C w/Ch1, Personnel and Administration Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Computer Systems Analysts 15-1051.
Related Military Skill:
- Administrative Specialist, 0111.