Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) Specialist
MSgt to Sgt - NMOS (0211)
Technical Surveillance Countermeasures Specialists are involved in all facets of planning and conducting tactical, strategic, and joint TSCM operations and activities. These activities are designed to detect and neutralize a wide variety of hostile technical surveillance technologies designed to obtain unauthorized access to classified and sensitive information. TSCM Specialists are expected to possess a working knowledge of the techniques and equipment employed by foreign intelligence entities (FIE) and terrorist organizations to obtain information from controlled facilities through technical means. TSCM Specialists normally perform as members of a Marine Corps TSCM team and may also serve with other Service or Joint TSCM teams, as TSCM instructors, or as TSCM representatives to Department of Defense (DoD) and National-level agencies. This MOS is to be assigned only as a NMOS and will be assigned and voided only by the authority of the CMC (MM).
- Must hold primary MOS 0211.
- Must be a Sergeant or above.
- Prior to entry into TSCM training, must have 36 months of remaining obligated service upon graduation from training.
- Must be interviewed and recommended for training as a TSCM Specialist by a board of Marine TSCM personnel, per MCO 5511.20.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess an EL score of 120 or higher (may be waived by CMC (I)).
- Must have a current Single Scope Background Investigation and an adjudicated Top Secret (TS) security clearance with eligibility for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must meet minimum physical, hearing acuity, and vision requirements per DoDI 5240.05, SECNAVINST 3850.4A, and MCO 5511.20.
- Complete the U.S. Army TSCM Course (3C-SQIW/244-ASIG9).
- Complete the Interagency Training Center (ITC) TSCM Fundamentals Course (TSEC-2722).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.100A, Intelligence Training and Readiness Manual.
Related Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) Title and Code:
- Military Enlisted Tactical Operations and Air/Weapons Specialists and Crew Members, All Other 55-3019.
Related Military Skill:
- Counterintelligence Specialist, 0211.