Imagery Analysis Specialist
MSgt to Cpl - PMOS
MOS 0241, Imagery Analysis Specialists are created by lateral move from any MOS. They process and analyze imagery gathered by various sensor platforms to derive intelligence. They use photogrammetric skills to assist the commander in accurate target acquisition and perform reconnaissance mission planning for multi-mission, multi-source imagery reconnaissance. Intelligence derived by the imagery analyst is used in updating military intelligence databases at national, theater, and organic level. Imagery analysis products include Battle Damage Assessment (BDA), Order of Battle (OOB), Lines of Communication (LOC) surveys, Helicopter Landing Zone (HLZ), coastal landing beaches, Expeditionary Airfields, Non- Combatant Evacuation Operation (NEO) studies and target identification.
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision and normal stereoscopic acuity verified by a Medical Officer.
- Security requirement: SCI security clearance eligibility. Applications for the SCI security clearance eligibility must be submitted prior to attendance of the Tactical Imagery Analysis Apprentice Course at Ft Belvoir, VA.
- Prior to conducting the latmove interview, all applicants are required to complete a security screening with the Special Security Officer (SSO).
- Must be a corporal of any MOS; however, sergeants may be considered if otherwise exceptionally qualified and have less than one year time in grade.
- Complete the Tactical Imagery Analysis Course, Ft Belvoir, VA.
- The MOS will be assigned and voided only by the CMC (MM).
- This MOS may be recruited for and assessed from the SMCR entry- level training pipeline (E1-E4).
- Must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon completion of training.
- All Marines requesting a lateral move into the MOS 0241, USMC and USMCR, must have a screening interview conducted by a 0241 GySgt or above. Interview waivers can be granted only by the OccFld 02 Manager or CMC (MM).
- Marines who execute a latmove to the 0241 MOS must attend PMOS training within 12 months of reporting to a command offering on the job training (OJT). Failure to attend and pass MOS training will result in an MOS reclassification or separation per current MMEA guidelines and applicable MCOs (waiverable by IOP and MMEA).
- Must possess an adjudicated Secret security clearance prior to arrival for training. Interim Secret clearances will not be authorized.
- Must possess a Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPERNet) token with valid Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and a valid SIPERNet email account.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.100A, Intelligence Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- (1) Cartographers and Photogrammetrists 17-1021.
- (2) Surveying and Mapping Technicians 17-3031.
Related Military Skill: