Target Mensuration Analyst
MSgt to Sgt - NMOS (0241)
In accordance with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction (CJCSI) 3505.01B, Precise Point Mensuration (PPM) must be conducted by certified personnel. This certification requirement cannot be waived. Target Mensuration Analysts directly support Target Material Production (TMP). The TMP training program is considered specialized training. This training program consists of three levels (Initial Training, On the Job Training, and Proficiency Maintenance Training) to further develop a Marine’s point mensuration analytical skills. A sponsored National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) Certification Team will perform all individual and work center certifications for TMP.
- Must possess MOS 0241
- Must successfully complete the initial training course held by the Air Force Precise Point Positioning Program (AFP4) training team at the 20th Intelligence Squadron located at Offutt, Nebraska.
- Must successfully complete an OJT program. OJT involves processing AFP4 supplied datasets, as well as training on unit specific procedures, tools and processes. Marines must remain in the OJT program for a minimum of two months.
- Must successfully complete Proficiency Maintenance Training which is conducted post certification and exposes the Marine to a variety of AFP4 provided data sets to maintain competence.
- Must successfully complete the Collateral Damage Estimation (CDE) course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to CJCSI 3505.01B, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction (CJCJI).
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Military Enlisted Tactical Operations and Air/Weapons Specialists and Crew Members, All Other 55-3019.
Related Military Skill:
- Cartographers and Photogrammetrists 17-1021.
- Surveying and Mapping Technicians 17-3031.