MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
The Reconnaissance Man is an Infantry Marine skilled in amphibious reconnaissance and ground reconnaissance. In addition to basic infantry skills, he possesses proficiency in scout swimming, small boat operations and refined observation, scouting, patrolling and long-range communications skills. Reconnaissance Men receive advanced training as Static Line and Military Freefall Parachutists and Jumpmasters, as well as Combatant Divers and Diving Supervisors.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher. This prerequisite is non-waiverable.
- Must possess a WS-I or higher Water Survival qualification, (Note: Entry level Marines must possess WS-B(+) at a minimum to enter BRC).
- Entry-level and lateral-move Marines must obtain a 2nd class score of 200 on the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) to enter BRC. During phase I of BRC, the Marine will be required to attain a 1st class score of 225 on the PFT.
- Must obtain a 2nd class score of 200 on the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) to enter BRC. Upon graduation of BRC, the Marine will be required to attain a 1st class score of 250 on the PFT.
- Assigned as a primary MOS to MGySgt and below 03XX Marines by CMC (MM) and Reconnaissance OccFld Manager (PP&O Code POG), and approved lateralmove Marines from any other MOS, who graduate from the Basic Reconnaissance Course (BRC).
- Must have minimum interim secret security clearance based on National Agency check, Law Enforcement and Credit check (NACLC).
- Must be medically qualified to perform jump and combatant dive qualifications in accordance with inter-service requirements established in NAVMED P-117; and AR40-501, Standards of Medical Fitness. Lateral moving Enlisted Marines and Officers must have completed Naval Special Warfare/Special Operations (NSW/SO) physical prior to reporting to BRC. Entry level enlisted Marines and officers must complete the NSW/SO physical prior to reporting to BRC. This includes a Report of Medical History (DD Form 2807-1) and a Report of Requested MOS Change (DD Form 2808). The completed NSW/SO physical MUST be reviewed and countersigned by an Undersea Medical Officer. Marines assigned 0321 PMOS who become medically unqualified may be directed to lateral move or be reassigned based on the Commanding Officer, MMEA and HQMC recommendations in accordance with MCO 5354,3B.
- Lateral-move prerequisites:
- No derogatory page 11 entries within the last 12 months.
- No NJPs within the last 12 months and with no more than two NJPs during the current contract.
- No courts martial convictions.
- Must be a volunteer.
- All Entry-level Marines must successfully complete the Basic Infantry Course (0300) of instruction and BRPC. Non-infantry desiring lateral move will complete BRPC only, prior to attending the Basic Reconnaissance Course (M10AHK2).
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.55B, Reconnaissance Training and Readiness Manual.
- Special Forces 55-3018.
- Rifleman, 0311.
- Combat Rubber Reconnaissance Craft Coxswain Skills Course, 0316.
- Scout Sniper, 0317.
- Reconnaissance Man Parachute Qualified, 0323.
- Reconnaissance Man, Combatant Diver Qualified, 0324.
- Reconnaissance Man, Parachute and Combatant Diver Qualified, 0326.