Maintenance Management Specialist
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
The Maintenance Management Specialist provides advice, guidance, and assistance to the unit's equipment commodity/section managers and maintenance personnel to ensure a systematic approach to maintenance operations of ground equipment. The Maintenance Management Specialist supervises maintenance management and maintenance personnel in monitoring and reporting of maintenance management policy, programs, procedures and maintenance automated information system (MAIS) requirements and analyzes, maintenance management functional elements/areas, maintenance production functions, and maintenance engineering actions in support of equipment Total Lifecycle Systems Management (TLCSM) efforts. When serving in the capacity of the Maintenance Management Officer, coordinates the commander's interest, resources, production, and information requirements in operational planning to ensure effective management of personnel, equipment, maintenance, and materiel to meet operational objectives.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- For PMOS assignment, complete the Basic Maintenance Management Specialist Course (BMMSC), Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support Schools, Camp Johnson, NC upon entry or lateral move at the rank of Sergeant or below. Marines who make a lateral move must complete the applicable Marine Corps Institute (MCI) 0410, MIMMS prior to reporting to formal schools.
- As provided in paragraph 0005.2, Certification of the MOS as an additional MOS (AMOS) may be awarded by commanders after demonstrating the appropriate Training and Readiness Manual standards (see paragraph d. below), and completion of a minimum six months duty in a unit, and the applicable Marine Corps Institute (MCI) 0410 and 0414 distance learning correspondence courses.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.27B, Logistics Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Industrial Production Managers 11-3051.
- Management Analyst 13-1111.
- Business Operations Specialist 13-1199.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Production and operating Workers 51-1010.
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General 43-5011.
- Production, Planning, and Expediting Clerks 43-5061.
Related Military Skill: