SSgt to Pvt - PMOS
The Logistics/Embarkation Specialist prepares supplies and equipment for embarkation and performs various Force Deployment Planning and Execution (FDP&E) functions to support the movement of personnel, supplies, and equipment via all modes of transportation using commercial and military assets, at all levels including unit, MAGTF, and joint operations. They are trained in the application of Automated Information Systems (AIS) that are utilized throughout the Defense Transportation System (DTS) to account, track, and interface movement data with load planning programs and joint AIS to support the FDP&E process and In Transit Visibility (ITV). The Logistics/ Embarkation Specialist are trained to prepare aircraft and ship load plans that meet organizational requirements. They assist with the preparation, planning, and execution of strategic mobility plans in accordance with the Time Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) used to deploy and sustain forward deployed forces. The Logistics/Embarkation Specialist also performs multiple logistics administrative duties within the J/G/S-4 section. They compile and maintain logistics support data, compute combat logistics support requirements, and coordinate combat logistics functions in support of MAGTF operations and deployments. At the SNCO level, they will also serve as Combat Cargo Assistants (CCAs) onboard naval amphibious assault ships. MOS 0491, Logistics/Mobility Chief is assigned as the primary MOS upon promotion to Gunnery Sergeant.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Complete the Basic Logistics/Embarkation Specialist Course, Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support Schools, Camp Johnson/Camp Lejeune, NC, upon entry or lateral move at the rank of Sergeant or below.
- Sergeants making a lateral move must also complete the Intermediate Logistics Embarkation Course (ILEC), Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support Schools, Camp Johnson/Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.27B, Logistics Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Cargo and Freight Agent 43-5011.
- Production, Planning and Expediting Clerks 43-5061
Related Military Skill:
- Traffic Management Specialist, 3112.