Landing Support Specialist
SSgt to Pvt - PMOS
The Landing Support Specialist performs various duties that support the establishment, maintenance and control of transportation throughput systems on beaches, landing zones, ports (air and sea), and terminals (rail, truck, and container) used in support of MAGTF operations and deployments. They are trained in the doctrinal concepts of landing support and the landing force support party; conducting port, arrival/ departure airfield, helicopter landing zone, and rail head operations. The Landing Support Specialist is also trained in the application of Automated Information Systems (AIS) that are utilized throughout the Defense Transportation System (DTS) to track, and interface movement data with load planning programs and joint AIS to support the FDP&E process and In Transit Visibility (ITV). NCOs and Staff NCOs plan, conduct, and supervise landing support operations and training. At the MAGTF level, they assist with the throughput of unit personnel, supplies and equipment. They also assist with the preparation, planning, and execution of strategic mobility plans in accordance with the Time Phased Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) used to deploy and sustain forward deployed forces. At the SNCO level, they will also serve as Combat Cargo Assistants (CCAs) onboard naval amphibious assault ships. MOS 0491, Logistics/Mobility Chief is assigned as the primary MOS upon promotion to Gunnery Sergeant.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess a GT score of 95 or higher.
- Must possess an MM score of 100 or higher.
- Complete the Basic Landing Support Specialist Course, Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support Schools, Camp Johnson/ Camp Lejeune, NC, upon entry or upon lateral move at the rank of Sergeant or below. Sergeants must have no more than one year TIG.
- Sergeants making a lateral move must also complete the Intermediate Landing Support Course (ILSC), Logistics Operations School, Marine Corps Combat Service Support Schools, Camp Johnson/Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.27B, Logistics Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Military Enlisted Tactical Operations and Air/Weapons Specialists and Crew Members, All Other 55-3019.
Related Military Skill: