MGySgt to GySgt- PMOS
The Logistics/Mobility Chief coordinates, plans, conducts and supervises logistics, embarkation, and landing support operations throughout the Marine Corps. They are also responsible for unit level logistics and embarkation training. They coordinate all combat logistics functions to deploy and sustain Marine combat forces of a MAGTF and its attached units. Logistics/Mobility Chiefs also serve as Combat Cargo Assistants (CCAs) onboard naval amphibious staffs and ships. They serve on General Officer Staffs at the MEF, MARFOR, and HQMC level and conduct planning and execution of MAFTF deployments at the strategic level. Logistics/Mobility Chiefs articulate command strategic mobility requirements both present and future to appropriate agencies, such as; Headquarters Marine Corps, U.S. Transportation Command and her three Transportation Component Commands (TCCs); Surface Deployment Distribution Command, Military Sealift Command, and Air Mobility Command. As the Logistics/Mobility Chiefs' career progresses, they are assigned to Naval and Joint Staffs as a liaison for the Marine Corps where they provide interface and address Marine Corps' mobility and lift requirements. They can also be assigned to serve with the TCCs as liaisons to convey the MAGTF commander's operational requirements to support unit moves at the operational/strategic level.
- Must have had previous duty as a 0431, 0481 or a 0471 USMCR.
- Upon promotion to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant, the MOS 0491 will be granted and reported in MCTFS. Within one year of promotion, Gunnery Sergeants currently holding or in receipt of orders to an Operations Chief billet will attend the Intermediate MAGTF Logistics Operations Course (IMLOC) conducted at Marine Corps Logistics Operations Group, Marine Corps Base 29 Palms CA. In absence of any current formal MOS school all 0491's are encouraged to attend (IMLOC) when appropriate space permits.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.27B, Logistics Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Officer and Administrative Support Workers 43-1011.
Related Military Skill:
- Traffic Management Specialist, 3112.