Red Team Member
MGySgt to SSgt - FMOS
Red Team Members provide commanders with an independent capability to fully explore alternatives in plans, operations, and capabilities in the context of the operational environment and from the perspective of both our partners and adversaries. They promote staff selfawareness and help frame problems and questions, manage small groups, integrate staff planning, close communication gaps amongst the staff, and help the staff become aware of potential cognitive biases and logic fallacies. Red Team Members serve at Headquarters Marine Corps, Training and Education Command, Marine Corps University, MAGTF Staff Training Program, MEF staffs, MEB staffs and the U.S. Army’s University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies.
- Security requirement: Adjudicated NACLC Secret security clearance with eligibility for access to Top Secret (TS) and TSSensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Complete one of the following courses at the University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies (UFMCS), Ft Leavenworth, KS U.S. Army, ATRRS School Code 159:
- Red Team Leaders Course (18 weeks, 4 days).
- Stop-Gap Red Team Leaders Course (9 weeks).
- Red Team Members Course (6 weeks).
- A Red Team course taught by a UFMCS mobile training team (MTT) or by MCU Red Team instructors that meets the UFMCS standard.
- Provide critical reviews and analysis of concepts and plans (classified and unclassified) as well as providing alternative and creative solutions.
- Anticipate the cultural perception of partners, adversaries and others by identifying the second and third order effects of operations in a cultural context and anticipating strategic and operational implications.
- Improve decision making during planning and operations by assisting in the development of problem definition and desired end states, identifying friendly and enemy vulnerabilities, challenging assumptions and offering alternative perspectives.
- Lead Red Teams during OPTs or serve as a facilitator for Red Teaming of special projects, policies, initiatives, or other command-directed activities.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
Related Military Skill: