MAGTF Planning Specialist
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
The Enlisted MAGTF Planning Specialist is responsible for functional support in the areas of GFM, Joint Combat Capability Assessment (JCCA) and FDP&E. Typical duties include updating plan via established GFM/FDP&E automated data processing tools and coordinating execution of force deployment plans.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
- Security requirement:
- Must be eligible for a Top Secret (TS) security clearance and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) predicated on a completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Application for TS security clearance must be submitted during Recruit Training or prior to attendance of the MAGTF Planner Basic Course, Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Atlantic (EWTGLANT), Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA. New Content.
- Marines with the MOS 0511 who are re-enlisting must possess an adjudicated Secret security clearance and are required to submit an application for a Top Secret security clearance prior to finalizing their reenlistment. Interim Secret security clearances shall not be authorized.
- Marines conducting lateral moves to the 0511 MOS must possess an adjudicated Secret security clearance. Upon favorable recommendation from MOS screening interview, lateral move request Marines are required to submit an application for a Top Secret security clearance prior to attending the MAGTF Planner Basic Course. Students arriving with Interim Secret clearances will not be allowed to complete the training.
- Lateral Moves:
- Must be worldwide deployable at the time SNM is approved for lateral move into the 0511 MOS and meet criteria for reenlistment set for in MCO 1040.31
- Marine conducting lateral moves to the 0511 MOS must be a Corporal (Maximum 12 months TIG) or below (waiverable by MMEA) in any MOS.
- All Marines requesting a lateral move into this MOS must have a screening interview conducted by a 0511 MSgt or above. GySgt 0511s at an MSC can conduct interviews if authorized by their respective MEF Plans Chief. Interview waiver may be granted only by the 0511 OccFld Sponsor or CMC.
- Prior to conducting the lateral move interview, all applicants will read the Force Deployment Planning and Execution (FDP &E) Manual (MCO 3000.18B) and Individual Training Standard for MAGTF Plans/Operations Officer (MOS 0502) and MAGTF Planning Specialist (MOS 0511) (MCO 1510.124).
- Complete the Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Plans Basic Course, Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Altantic (EWTGLANT), Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Marines who execute a lateral move to the 0511 MOS must attend PMOS training within 6 months of reporting to a command offering on the job training (OJT), depending on class seat availability. Failure to attend and complete MOS training will result in an MOS reclassification or separation per current MMEA guideline and applicable MCOs.
- For a complete of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.108 w/ ch1-2, MAGTF Planning Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Command and Control Center Specialists 55-3015.
Related Military Skill:
- Embarkation Logistics and Combat Service Specialist, 0431.