Civil Affairs Noncommissioned Officer
GySgt to Cpl - FMOS
Civil Affairs Noncommissioned Officers perform various duties involving planning, coordinating, and conducting civil-military operations (CMO). They conduct research analysis, and execution of civil affairs area studies, area assessments, and CMO estimates. This MOS will be assigned as a FMOS only. Mission essential task/skill training is established in the T&R and includes graduation from the TECOM approved, non- PMOS awarding civil affairs course. Upon successful completion of this course, the Marine will be designated a Civil Affairs Noncommissioned Officer.
- Must be a Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant of any MOS.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Active duty personnel must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the skill producing school.
- Completion of a TECOM approved Civil Affairs Program of Instruction (POI).
- For a complete of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.108 w/ ch1-2, MAGTF Planner's Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Emergency Management Specialists 13-1061.
Related Military Skill: