Civil Affairs Specialists
MGySgt to Cpl - PMOS
Civil Affairs (CA) Specialists perform various duties in both combat and non-combat environments involving the integration, planning and conduct of Civil-Military Operations (CMO) in support of Marine Air-Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Operations as well as conduct of Civil Affairs Functional Specialties.
- Must be a Corporal or above.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Be awarded MOS 0531 by successful completion of the Civil Affairs MOS Course conducted by the Marine Corps Civil-Military Operations School (MCCMOS), Quantico, VA.
- Marines holding MOS 0531 are eligible to be awarded PMOS 0352 by requesting the change if they are assigned to BMOS 0532.
- For a complete of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.108 w/ ch1-2, MAGTF Planner's Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Emergency Management Specialists 13-1061.
Related Military Skill:
- Civil Affairs Noncommissioned Officer, 0531