Foreign Security Force Advisor
SgtMaj/MGySgt to Sgt - FMOS
Foreign Security Force (FSF) Advisors have extensive knowledge or experience in developing and influencing FSF throughout the phases of military operations and across the range of military operations to achieve USG, Service, and FSF objectives. FSF Advisors are proficient in their primary MOS. They are familiar with Language, Regional Expertise, and Culture (LREC). They can analyze and apply operational culture, build and maintain relationships and rapport with FSF counterparts to further mission objectives recognize and mitigate cultural stress, develop and implement training plans and events to build the FSF’s capacity, participate in security cooperation planning, and understand USG and Service objectives and plans for an assigned region or country.
- Must be Regional, Culture, and Language (RCLF) PME complete in grade.
- Must have an endorsement from Battalion/Squadron level Commanding Officer stating that the individual meets the prerequisites, is mature, and capable of independent operations.
- Complete the Marine Advisor Course (MAC).
- Certified by Commanding Officer after demonstrating sufficient expertise in advising foreign security forces in an OJT environment spanning a cumulative period of no less than 6 months while still serving in the billet.
- Teach, coach, and advise a FSF in order to develop its professional skills and build capability and capacity within the organization in accordance with US Government, Service, and FSF objectives. For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer Security Cooperation Training and Readiness Manual (NAVMC 3500.59A) and Operational Culture Training and Readiness Manual (NAVMC 3500.65A).
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
Related Military Skill: