Telecommunications Systems Chief
GySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Telecommunications Systems Chiefs supervise and perform advanced installation, operation, and maintenance of cable infrastructures and command and control telephony systems. These systems provide transport for critical classified and unclassified voice, video and data services. In addition, Telecommunication Systems Chiefs manage budgeting, inventory, plans, quality control, and operations of garrison inside and outside plant telecommunications networks. Skill progression training for Gunnery Sergeants and Staff Sergeants is the Telecommunications Systems Chiefs Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- This MOS is awarded upon promotion to Staff Sergeant only to Marines holding MOS 0612, or 0613.
- Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant, Marines holding MOS 0619 are expected to attend the Telecommunications Systems Chief Course (M09BNK1) conducted at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Active duty Marines must have two years of active duty upon completion of training.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill: