Field Radio Operator
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Field Radio Operators employ radio to send and receive messages. Typical duties include the set up and tuning of radio equipment including antennas and power sources; establishing contact with distant stations; processing and logging of messages; making changes to frequencies or cryptographic codes; and maintaining equipment at the first echelon. Skill progression training for Sergeant and Corporal is Radio Supervisors Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Field Radio Operator (FROC) Course (M0925U1) at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Operators 27-4013.
Related Military Skill:
- Airborne Radio Operator