Tropospheric Scatter Radio Multi-channel Equipment Operator
Sgt to Pvt - NMOS (0621)
The Tropospheric Scatter Radio Multi-Channel Equipment Operator is a Marine that’s trained to install, operate and maintain the AN/TRC-170 (Tropospheric Scatter Microwave Radio Terminal). Marines trained on the operation of the platform can employ the AN/TRC-170 provides inter- switch transmission links up to 100 miles in range between two different locations.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess MOS 0621
- Complete the Tropospheric Scatter Radio Multi-channel Equipment Operator Course (M09DRW1) at MCCES, 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Operators 27-4013.
Related Military Skill:
- Digital (Multi-channel) Wideband Transmission Equipment Operator, MOS 0622.