Satellite Communications Operator
Sgt to Pvt - NMOS (0621)
The Satellite Communications Operator is a Marine that’s trained to install, operate and maintain various satellite communication platforms from the Secure Mobile Anti-Jam Reliable Tactical Terminal (SMART- T/AEHF) AN/TSC-154, the Lightweight Multi-Band Satellite Terminal (LMST/SHF) AN/USC-65(V), the Phoenix Tactical SHF Terminal (TSST) AN/TSC-156 and Very Small Aperture Terminal-Large (VSAT-L), providing classified and unclassified data, voice and video teleconferencing capabilities in garrison or tactical environments.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must possess MOS 0621.
- Complete Intro to SATCOM Course (A09CGU1), SMART-T Operator, Maintainer (USMC) Course (A09DTN1), Phoenix Systems Operator (USMC) Course (A09L4S1) and the Lightweight Multiband Sat Term OP/MT (USMC) Course (A09DTA1) at Ft Gordon, GA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Operators 27-4013.
Related Military Skill: