GySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Radio Chiefs supervise the installation and operation of fixed and field radio systems, microwave systems, and satellite communications systems. A Radio Chief must be familiar with the equipment capabilities and system integration for all elements of switching, transmission, data communications, and information assurance. They prepare and execute radio communications and plans vital to successful deployments for highly mobile and reliable communications. Additionally, the Radio Chiefs must understand maintenance and be familiar with budgeting, and administration. Skill progression training for Gunnery Sergeant and Staff Sergeant is the Radio Chief Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- This MOS is awarded upon promotion to Staff Sergeant only to Marines holding MOS 0621, 0622, 0623, or 0627.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant, Marines holding MOS 0629 are expected to attend the Radio Chief Course (M09BNL1) conducted at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Active duty Marines must have two years of active duty upon completion of training.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Operator 27-4013.
Related Military Skill:
- Wire Chief, 0619.