MGySgt to SSgt - NMOS (0629, 0699, 2651, 5939)
Spectrum Managers coordinate the use of Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Spectrum-Dependent (S-D) Equipment and Systems into the electromagnetic environment (EME). Spectrum Managers must be thoroughly familiar with and trained in international, national, DOD, Joint and Service level spectrum policy, allocations and frequency assignment procedures; spectrum supportability and certification procedures; coordination of Host Nation Approval (HNA); radio theory; spectrum analysis and engineering effects of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC); and determination, mitigation and resolution of electromagnetic interference (EMI). Spectrum Managers implement policy and guidance for the effective and efficient use of the electromagnetic spectrum; administer and manage the MAGTF's use of national level and DOD associated spectrum databases; and coordinates the development of the Communications Electronic Operating Instruction (CEOI) and Joint Restricted Frequency List (JRFL). Spectrum Managers must be knowledgeable of all DOD/Service and commercial S-D equipment and systems to include, but not limited to, command and control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) assets, aviation platforms, radar and navigation, electronic warfare (EW), munitions and weapons systems, etc.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have obtained the rank of staff sergeant or above in one of the following MOSs: MOS 0629, 0699, 2651, or 5939.
- Security requirement: Top secret security clearance eligibility. Some operational billets may require SCI security clearance eligibility.
- Must possess an EL score of 105 or higher.
- Complete the Electromagnetic Spectrum Management Course (F0224L1) at the Technical Training Center, Keesler AFB, MS.
- Must have two years of active duty remaining upon completion of training.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Communications Equipment Operators, All Other 43-2099.
Related Military Skill: