Cyber Network Operator
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Cyber Network Operators are responsible for the installation, configuring and management of cyber network systems in both stand alone and client-server environments including Microsoft based curriculum and MS Exchange/Server, CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) modules 1, 2 and 3, as well as other authorized cyber network systems. They install, configure and maintain cyber services, both hardware and software. They also plan and execute the integration of multiple information systems to include Data Distribution System-Replacement/ Modular (DDS-R/M), in a network environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems and effect hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability. Skill progression for Sergeants and Corporals is the Cyber Network Supervisor Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Cyber Network Specialist Course (M09BNW1), MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Computer Operators 43-9011.
Related Military Skill:
- Special Intelligence Systems Administrator/ Communicator, 2651.