Cyber Network Systems Chiefs
GySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Cyber Network Systems Chiefs perform advanced systems installation, operation, integration and troubleshooting in order to maintain optimum secure cyber communication systems. They plan and supervise the installation, configuration and maintenance of all cyber communication systems and network services in both a garrison and deployment environment. Cyber Network Systems Chiefs plan and design local and wide area networks and link heterogeneous networks through the application of appropriate cyber and telecommunication hardware and software. Skill progression training for Gunnery Sergeants and Staff Sergeants is the Cyber Systems Chief Course.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- This MOS is awarded upon promotion to Staff Sergeant only to Marines holding MOS 0651.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Active Duty Marines must have two years of active duty upon completion of training.
- Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant, Marines holding MOS 0659 are expected to attend the Cyber Systems Chief Course (M09BNU1) conducted at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts 15-1081.
Related Military Skill:
- Data Systems Technician, 0651.