Information Security Technician
MGySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Information Security Technicians serve as the primary functional proponent for cryptographic key management infrastructure. These Marines provide day-to-day operation of the Electronic Key Management System (EKMS), as well as other duty areas related to Information Security (INFOSEC), such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and FORTEZZA Card Management. Entry-level input to this MOS may be from any MOS at the grades of Staff Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant. This MOS will be awarded by the CMC (C4) to Marines approved for lateral move and on completion of one of the listed approved courses in subparagraph b(3) below.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Must have attained the rank of Staff Sergeant.
- Security requirement: Top Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Active duty Marines must have two years of active duty remaining upon completion of training.
- Complete lateral move screening sheet by an MSgt or MGySgt MOS 0681
- Complete one of the following courses of instruction as delineated in the EKMS 1B (Series):
- I MEF EKMS Management Course, Camp Pendleton, CA.
- II MEF EKMS Management Course, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- III MEF EKMS Management Course, Camp Courtney, Okinawa, Japan
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts 15-1081.
Related Military Skill:
- Information Assurance Technician, 0689.