Cyber Security Apprentice
Sgt to Pvt - NMOS (0651)
Cyber Security Apprentices work at base, post, and station in the supporting establishment, and in operating forces units. They execute security policies, plans, and procedures; implement Cyber network security measures; network intrusion detections; assist with system hardening concepts; assist with forensics; assist with information system security incident handling; Operate the Distributed Data System – Modular Information Assurance Module (DDS-M IAM); Operates McAfee’s Policy Orchestrator (EPO) server; This MOS is awarded to Marines holding PMOS 0651. The skill progression training for Sergeant and Corporal is the Cyber Network Supervisor Course. FTAP Marines are encouraged to lateral move to MOS 0689 Cyber Security Technician once eligible to compete for reenlistment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess MOS 0651.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Cyber Security Apprentice Course at MCCES, 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Computer Operators 43-9011.
Related Military Skill:
- Data Network Specialist, 0651.
- Data Systems Chief, 0659.
- Cyber Security Technician, 0689.