Cyber Security Technician
MGySgt to Sgt - PMOS
Cyber Security Technicians are responsible for all aspects of ensuring Marine Corps information systems data availability, integrity authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation. Computer Network Defense Specialist implement and monitor security measures for USMC Communication Information Systems Networks, and advise the commander that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and governmental requirements for security on these systems. Duties include assisting in the development and execution of security policies, plans, and procedures; design and implementation of data network security measures; network intrusion detections and forensics; information system security incident handling; and certification of Marine Corps systems and networks. The skill progression training for Master Gunnery Sergeant through Staff Sergeant is the Information Assurance Managers Course (IAM) and Cyber Security Chiefs Course.
- Must possess MOS 0612, 0619, 0621, 0623, 0627, 0629, 0651, 0659, 2651, 2821, 2823, 2847, 5939, 5954, 5974, or 6694.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 110 or higher.
- Must have attained the rank of Sergeant or above.
- Security requirement:
- Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
- Prior to conducting the lateral move interview, all applicants are required to complete a security screening with the Special Security Officer (SSO).
- All 0689's assigned to MARFORCYBER are required to maintain Top Secret (TS) with the additional adjudication of Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
- Complete the Information Assurance Technician Course, MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.56A, Communications Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts 15-1081.
Related Military Skill:
- Information Security Technician, 0681.