Field Artillery Cannoneer
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
As a member of a Field Artillery Howitzer Battery, Cannoneers prepare artillery pieces and equipment for movement, combat, and firing. They inspect and prepare ammunition for firing, and perform the various jobs incident to firing such as, laying for elevation and deflection, loading the piece, and handling ammunition. Field Artillery Cannoneers perform preventive maintenance and clean artillery pieces and equipment. They make routine tests and authorize repairs to equipment. Camouflage position, protect equipment from chemical warfare agents, and construct field fortifications.
- Must possess a GT score of 90 or higher.
- Complete the USMC Cannon Crewman Course and demonstrate qualification through performance for MOS 0811 and demonstrate qualification through MOJT.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.7, Artillery Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Weapon Specialists/Crewmembers 55-2012.
- Artillery and Missile Crewmember 55-3014.
Related Military Skill: