Field Artillery Radar Operator
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Field Artillery Radar Operators perform the duties required to emplace, operate, and displace counterfire radar systems. Other duties include operating military vehicles, generator assets, communications equipment, establishing radio networks for voice and digital communications, and performing hasty survey techniques. Radar Operators also work in the artillery target processing centers. These duties include operating fire support systems that process counterfire/artillery target intelligence and manage radar assets in the field.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Field Artillery Firefinder Radar Operator Course.
- This MOS will be retained as an additional MOS upon promotion to Staff Sergeant in MOS 0848.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.7, Artillery Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radar and Sonar Technicians 55-3017.
Related Military Skill: