Field Artillery Fire Control Marine
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Field Artillery Fire Control Men perform duties essential to the delivery of accurate artillery fire. Typical duties include preparation of fire control equipment for movement and operation, performance of detailed survey operations, performance of preventive maintenance, routine testing, authorized minor repairs to survey and fire control equipment, and operation of field communications equipment. Fire control computation includes the use of computer equipment systems, plotting survey data on firing charts, determination of target coordinates, and the conversion to target coordinates and observer's reports into firing data and commands. MOS 0844 is assigned upon completion of formal school. Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant and the appropriate formal school, the 0844 will be designated MOS 0848.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Field Artillery Fire Control Man Course.
- This MOS will be retained as an additional MOS upon promotion to Staff Sergeant in MOS 0848.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.7, Artillery Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Artillery Missile and Crewmembers 55-3014.
Related Military Skill: