Field Artillery Sensor Support Marine
Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Field Artillery Sensor Support Marines assist in the delivery of accurate artillery fires and prosecution of counter fire fight by developing weather data for artillery ballistic computations, performing survey operations, and operating acoustic and electronic counter fire assets. Duties include preparing and operating weather observation equipment such as theodolites and surface sensors, measuring atmospheric readings; preparing and operating survey equipment such as inertial navigation systems, global positioning system receivers, theodolites and electronic distance measuring equipment. Additionally, the 0847 will prepare and operate acoustic sensors and electronic radar systems for employment in the counter fire fight. Other duties include operating computer systems for computations, digital communications, command and control, and imagery development. MOS 0847 is assigned upon completion of formal school. Upon promotion to Staff Sergeant and the appropriate formal school, the 0847 will be designated MOS 0848.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Marine Artillery Sensor Support Man Course, Ft Sill, OK.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.7, Artillery Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Artillery Missile and Crewmember 55-3014.
Related Military Skill:
- Weather Observer, 6842.