Field Artillery Operations Chief
MGySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Field Artillery Operations Men perform the various duties associated with the operation of a field artillery and mortar fire direction center; operations or training section; artillery sensor section; survey section. Duties include preparing personnel and equipment for movement and operation; assisting in location of fire direction center in the field; maintaining a situation map, operations journal, and survey records; performing duties incident to the preparation, reproduction, and distribution of operations orders, training orders, memoranda, schedules, status reports, and S-3 periodic reports; preparing operations maps and overlays; assisting in the establishment and operation of artillery meteorological stations, direct atmospheric meteorological observation interpreting, evaluating and distributing atmospheric data; performing duties incident to execution of sensor plans essential to proper employment of field artillery; assisting in installation, orientation, operation, and maintaining target acquisition radar equipment; and training personnel in radar, meteorological, survey, acoustic, and fire direction procedures.
- Must possess a GT score of 105 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Marine Artillery Operations Chief Course, Ft Sill, OK and qualify in MOS 0842, 0844, or 0847.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.7, Artillery Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Weapons Specialist/Crewmember 55-2012.
Related Military Skill:
- Ground Operations Specialist, 8711.