Fire Support Marine
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Fire Support Men perform duties incident to the planning, observation, conduct, and control of artillery and naval gunfire. These duties include planning, calling for, integrating, coordinating, observing and adjusting artillery (cannon, rocket, missile) and NSFS, employment of LASER designators, range finders, and LASER guided munitions and coordination of lethal and non-lethal fire support assets to include mortars, artillery (cannon, rocket, missile), NSFS, Fixed and Rotary wing CAS. These duties also include operating communications equipment, establishing radio networks for voice and digital communications, as well as operating Marine Corps fire support systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision, and vision correctable to 20/20.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Marine Artillery Scout Observer Course, Ft Sill, OK.
- Complete the Fire Support Man Course, EWTGPAC, Coronado, CA.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.7, Artillery Training and Readiness (T&R) Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Artillery and Missile Crew Member 55-3014.
Related Military Skill:
- Field Artillery Radar Operator, 0842.
- Field Artillery Fire Control Man, 0844.