Marine Combat Instructor
GySgt to Cpl - EMOS (0311, 0313, 0321, 0331, 0341, 0352, 0369, 5711)
The Marine Combat Instructor instructs and assists in the training of basic combat skills to entry level Marines to include: weapons handling, automatic weapons, munitions, combat conditioning, land navigation, communications, NBC protection, offensive/defensive tactics and scouting/ patrolling. The Marine Combat Instructor reinforces core values instilled in recruit training by setting the superior example with professional conduct, knowledge, bearing and attitude, provides student performance counseling, assists in the conduct of parades and ceremonies, and maintains records and prepares reports.
- Must meet the prerequisites prescribed in MCO 1510.XX.
- Must meet the standards screening checklist of special assignments per MCO P1326.6D w/Ch2.
- Must meet Marine Corps height, weight, and body fat standards.
- Must be able to pass the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test.
- Must be tan belt certified in the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program
- See prerequisites.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to Individual Training Standards.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Teachers and Instructors, All Other 25-3099.
Related Military Skill: