Martial Arts Instructor-Trainer
MGySgt to Sgt - FMOS
Martial Arts Instructor Trainers train and certify martial arts instructors. Additionally, they provide instruction to all personnel in hand-held weapons, unarmed against hand-held weapons, weapons of opportunity, ground fighting, firearm disarmament, and principles of core values.
- Must be sergeant or above. This prerequisite is non-waiverable.
- Must qualify with a minimum of 225 on the PFT.
- Must be certified as a green belt or above in the MCMAP.
- Full duty Status: Shoulder injury free in previous 2 years, concussion free within the past 6 months and free of contagious diseases or dermatological conditions.
- Must have completed the appropriate level PME for the grade.
- Must have recommendation of reporting senior.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year obligated service upon completion of MAITC.
- Must qualify first class on CFT.
- Must have a minimum of six months as a certified Martial Arts Instructor (MOS 0916) prior to attendance to the Martial Arts Instructor Trainer Course (M02MMKT) at The Basic School.
- Successful completion of the Martial Arts Instructor- Trainer Course (M02MMKT) at The Basic School at Quantico, VA.
- Trains personnel in martial arts techniques from tan through 1st Degree black belt and certifies through brown belt levels.
- Trains, certifies, and recertifies martial arts instructors under the CG, TRNGCOM approved Martial Arts Instructor Program of Instruction for Martial Arts Instructors.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Teachers and Instructors, All Other 25-3099.
Related Military Skill:
- Martial Arts Instructor, 0916.