SSgt to Pvt - PMOS
Using knowledge of electrical theory and concepts, Electricians install, operate, maintain, and repair underground, above ground, overhead and tactical electrical power distribution systems. Additionally, Electricians operate and perform organizational level operator/ crew maintenance on electrical power generation equipment, load banks, and floodlight sets. When on Humanitarian Assistance and Civil Military Operations, they install and repair interior wiring in buildings. These duties may include installing hardware, including cross-arms, insulators, and lightning arresters; assembling/erecting and climbing utility poles; stringing wire conductors; measuring, cutting, bending, assembling, and installing electric conduit; installing control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit breakers; testing circuits for continuity, compatibility, and safety, including ground of components, using test instruments such as multi-meters and ohmmeters; and installing and repairing electric fixtures but not limited to, ground testers. Corporal through Staff Sergeant are afforded the opportunity to attend a skill progression course the Advanced Electrician Course that provides in-depth instruction on the requirements of the National Electric Code (NEC) and the planning of electrical support to include determining demand, phase balancing, and voltage drops. An apprenticeship program, leading to U.S. Department of Labor certification as a Journey Worker, is available to Electricians under the United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP).
- Must possess an EL score of 90 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Complete the Basic Electrician Course (M0311B2), Marine Corps Engineer School, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.12B w/Ch1-2, Marine Corps Engineer and Utilities Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Electrician 47-2111.
- Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers 49-9051.
- Power Distributors and Dispatchers 51-8012.
Related Military Skill:
- Field Wireman, 0612.
- Construction Wireman, 0613.