Engineer Equipment Mechanic
SSgt to Pvt - PMOS
Engineer Equipment Mechanics perform preventive maintenance and make repairs to diesel engines and gasoline and diesel driven construction equipment such as tractors, power shovels, road machinery, air compressors, concrete mixers and other engine driven or towed construction equipment.
- Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
- Meet the physical requirements of TM 11275-15/4.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Complete the Basic Engineer Mechanic Course, Marine Crops Detachment, U.S. Army Engineer School, Ft Leonard Wood, MO.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.12B w/Ch1-2, Marine Corps Engineer and Utilities Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists 49-3031.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers 47-1011.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines 49-3042.
- Maintenance Workers, Machinery 49-9043.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators 53-1031.
Related Military Skill:
- Automotive Mechanic 3521.
- Main Battle Tank Repairer/Technician, 2146.