Small Craft Mechanic
SSgt to LCpl - NMOS (1341)
Small Craft Mechanics perform preventive maintenance and repairs to bridge erection boats and rubber-hulled vessels; repair diesel engines, outboard engines and hydro jet propulsion systems; and repair small craft trailers and cradle systems.
- Must be qualified in MOS 1341.
- Complete the Small Craft Mechanics Course, Small Boat Training Detachment, Joint Maritime Training Center, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.12B w/Ch1-2, Marine Corps Engineer and Utilities Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Motorboat Mechanic 49-3051.
- Outdoor Power Equipment and other Small Engine Mechanics 49-3053.
- Maintenance Workers, Machinery 49-9043.
Related Military Skill:
- Engineer Equipment Mechanic, 1341.