Engineer Equipment Chief
MGySgt to GySgt - PMOS
Engineer Equipment Chiefs manage the activities of enlisted personnel performing engineer equipment operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
- Possess experience in either MOS 1316, 1341, or 1345.
- Completion of the Engineer Equipment Chief Course, U.S. Army Engineer School, Ft Leonard Wood, MO is required within one year after selection to the grade of Gunnery Sergeant, unless assigned outside the MOS in a non-FMF command such as recruiting/MSG duty. In these cases, after reassignment to a billet requiring MOS 1349.
- Skill progression schools/courses recommended for engineer equipment chiefs include: see Figure 3-1.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.12B w/Ch1-2, Marine Corps Engineer and Utilities Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers 47-1011.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Transportation and Material- Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators 53-1031.
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of All Other Tactical Operations Specialist 55-2013.
Related Military Skill:
- Motor Transport Maintenance Chief, 3529.