GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Engineer Assistants perform various duties incidental to construction design, planning, estimating, and management. Personnel assigned this MOS are trained to use optical reading/electronic total station survey instruments to establish the horizontal and vertical alignment/layout for construction projects. In addition, they are trained to use manual/ Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) methods of preparing architectural/mechanical/ civil drawings, to include computations for bills of material/earthwork volumes.
- Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
- High school courses in geometry and algebra are required. High school courses in trigonometry are desired.
- Complete the Technical Engineering Course, U.S. Army Engineer School Ft Leonard Wood, MO.
- Upon promotion to Master Sergeant, engineer assistants are assigned MOS 1371. As such, completion of the Engineer Operations Chief Course is required within one year after selection to the grade of Master Sergeant, unless assigned outside the supporting establishment in a B billet, such as recruiting/MSG duty. In these cases, after reassignment to a billet requiring MOS 1371, Marines will attend this course within six months.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.12B w/Ch1-2, Marine Corps Engineer and Utilities Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Architectural and Civil Drafters 17-3011.
- Surveying and Mapping Technicians 17-3031.
- Surveyors 17-1022.
Related Military Skill:
- Topography Intelligence Specialist, 0261.
- Combat Engineer, 1371.