MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Combat Engineers conduct engineer reconnaissance; emplace obstacle systems; conduct breaching operations, to include reducing explosive hazards; conduct mine/countermine operations; employ demolitions and military explosives; conduct urban breaching; conduct route clearance; provide assault bridging, tactical bridging and non-standard bridging/repair; construct and maintain combat roads and trails; construct expedient roads and airfield/ landing zones; design and construct survivability positions; perform expedient vertical and horizontal construction; design, construct and maintain base camps/forward operating bases and combat outposts; and fight as provisional infantry.
- Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
- Complete the Basic Combat Engineer Course, Marine Corps Engineer School, Camp Lejeune, NC.
- Completion of Engineer Operations Chief Course is required upon promotion to MSgt.
- Skill progressions schools/courses recommended for combat engineers include: see Figure 3-1.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.12B w/Ch1-2, Marine Corps Engineer and Utilities Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters 47-5031.
- Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers 47-2051.
- Brick Masons and Block Masons 47-2021.
- Carpenters 47-2031
Related Military Skill:
- Engineer Assistant, 1361.