Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV) Marine
MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Amphibious Combat Vehicle Crewman perform various duties incident to the operation and maintenance of the vehicle, to include tactical employment, precision gunnery using the MK 46 Weapon system, and maneuver. ACV Crewmen employ their vehicle during ship to objective maneuver and during subsequent operations ashore. Typical duties may include preparing the ACV and associated equipment for movement and combat, locating and engaging targets, driving the ACV in the water and ashore, and performance of first echelon preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Must have a GT score of 90 or higher.
- Must be qualified as a 1833 Crewman assigned to 1834 billet and approved by the OccFld Manager.
- Must have WS-B(+) Water Survival Qualification.
- Must have vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Must possess the psychological and physiological qualifications required for licensing as an Ordnance Vehicle Operator; See MCO 8400.6 W/Ch 1-3.
- Must have a current state driver’s license and a past driving record appropriate for issue of SF-46 as evidenced by a search of the National Driver Register.
- Must have WS-I Water Survival Qualification.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to ACV Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Armored Assault Vehicle Crew Members 55-3013.
Related Military Skill:
- M1A1 Tank Crewman, 1812.
- AAV Crewman, 1833.