Small Arms Repairer/Technician
GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Small Arms Repairer/Technician in the grade of Private through Lance Corporal, under supervision, performs basic duties to include to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, less vehicular mounted weapons. The Small Arms Repairer/Technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals and Marine Corps Orders. At the Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant level the Small Arms Repairer/Technician performs, trains, and supervises various duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of all small arms, to include Vehicular Mounted Small Arms. The Small Arms Repairer/Technician also prepares, maintains, and supervises a shop maintenance and management program and coordinates maintenance and repair of small arms according to grade.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an MM score of 95 or higher.
- Must have a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check, and Credit Check (NACLC) resident within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- Must pass the Command Arms Ammunition, and Explosive (AA&E) screening.
- No conviction by court-martial, civilian court or nonjudicial punishment of any act involving larceny, theft, or drugs.
- Complete the Ground Ordnance Managers Course (A14GBS6) by Sergeant through Gunnery Sergeant with 12 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.
- Complete the Small Arms Repair Course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.33A w/ch 1-2, Ground Ordnance Maintenance Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Workers, All Other 49-9099.
Related Military Skill: