Main Battle Tank (MBT) Repairer/Technician
GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
The MBT Repairer/Technician performs basic automotive duties incident to inspection, maintenance, and repair of the Marine Corps MBT, Tank Retriever (M88A2), and Armored Vehicle Launched Bridge (AVLB). The MBT Repairer/Technician also completes basic shop administrative forms and records utilizing technical manuals. At the grades of Sergeant and above, the MBT Repairer/Technician trains, supervises, and performs various duties and tasks incident to the inspection, maintenance, and repair of the automotive and turret systems of the Marine Corps MBT. The MBT Repairer/ Technician also prepares, maintains, and supervises shop maintenance and management programs, and coordinates maintenance and recovery operations according to grade.
- Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Complete the M1A1 Tank System Mechanic Course.
- Possesses and demonstrates those leadership traits and principles applicable to grade. Complete Ground Ordnance Managers Course (A14GBS6) by Sergeant through Gunnery Sergeant with 12 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.
- Corporal to Staff Sergeant are expected to complete the MBT Tank System Technician Course and have 12 months or more on active duty upon completion of the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.33A w/ch 1-2, Ground Ordnance Maintenance Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists 49-3031.
Related Military Skill:
- Engineer Equipment Mechanic, 1341.
- Towed Artillery Systems Technician, 2131.