Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chief
MGySgt to MSgt - PMOS
Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chiefs supervise the maintenance, repair, and inspection of ordnance vehicles to include their turrets and direct the activities of assigned enlisted personnel in an ordnance vehicle repair shop or facility. Senior Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chiefs supervise and manage the administration of ordnance vehicle maintenance facilities and ordnance vehicle offices. The Senior Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chief is proficient in the organization, management, operation and conduct of technical inspections of ordnance vehicles, ordnance vehicle maintenance equipment, and ordnance vehicle shops or facilities. The Senior Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chief assists the ordnance vehicle maintenance officer in all duties. They manage command environmental and hazardous waste programs. They supervise and provide oversight of disposal, storage, emergency planning for hazardous waste, and ozone depleting substances.
- See Requirements
- Complete one of the Ordnance Vehicle Intermediate Technician Courses; LAV, AAV, or Tank System Technician Course.
- Must have completed Ground Ordnance Managers Course (A14GBS6) or will do so at the first opportunity.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of maintenance procedures for ordnance vehicles, repair shop management and operations, and maintenance and supply procedures.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of environmental and hazardous waste programs, disposal, storage, emergency planning for hazardous waste, and ozone depleting substances.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.33A w/ch 1-2, Ground Ordnance MaintenanceTraining and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill:
- Senior Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief, 2181.