GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Machinists perform various duties incident to fabrication, repair or modification of engineer, motor transport, weapons, and accessories. Duties include selection of proper stock and set up of work on lathes, shapes, milling machines, internal and external grinders, drill presses, saws and cylinder, or line-boring machines. Machinists work from sketches, diagrams, blueprints, written specifications, or oral instructions. The control of quality and accuracy is met by the Machinists' use of precision measuring devices to include micrometers, vernier gauges, and various other gauges and the subsequent adjustment of machine tool controls. Fabrication of metals is also followed by welding with all standard welding equipment. Maintenance of all shop equipment is performed to ensure that serviceability is sustained. Coordination with other repair shops, reporting of work completion, and the shop administrative functions are requirements to be effected by machinists.
- Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Complete the Machinist Course, U.S. Army Ordnance School, Ft Lee, VA.
- Complete the Ground Ordnance Managers Course (A14GBS6) by Sergeant through Gunnery Sergeant with 12 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.33A w/ch 1-2, Ground Ordnance Maintenance Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Computer-Controlled machine Tool Operators, Metal and Plastic 51-4011.
Related Military Skill: