Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer
GySgt to Pvt - PMOS
The Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer performs electro- optical maintenance and repair to ground ordnance laser and night vision devices, small missiles systems, and other fire control equipment. Duties also include performing mechanical, mechanical-optical and electrical repairs to include inspecting, troubleshooting and adjusting fire control instruments and systems. The Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer, grades Private through Corporal, also completes basic shop administrative forms and records using technical publications. At the grades of Sergeant and above, the Electro- Optical Ordnance Repairer trains, supervises, and performs various duties and tasks incident to the management of an Electro-Optical Ordnance Repair shop or facility.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an MM score of 105 or higher.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have a National Agency Check, Local Agency Check, and Credit Check (NACLC) resident within the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must pass the Command Arms Ammunition and Explosive (AA&E) screening.
- Complete the Electro-Optical Ordnance Repairer Course, U.S. Army Ordnance Center and School, Ft Lee, VA.
- Complete Ground Ordnance Managers Course (A14GBS6) by Sergeant through Gunnery Sergeant with 12 months remaining on active duty upon completion of the course.
- ENTNAC or NAC completed with favorable results.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.33A w/ch 1-2, Ground Ordnance Maintenance Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Precision Instrument and Equipment Repairers, All Other 49-9069.
Related Military Skill: