Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief
MGySgt to MSgt - PMOS
Senior Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief supervise the maintenance, repair, and inspection of all small arms weapons and towed artillery howitzers and direct the activities of assigned enlisted personnel in a small arms or towed artillery repair shop or facility. They supervise and manage the administration of small arms or towed artillery maintenance facilities and offices. The Senior Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief is proficient in the organization, management, operation and conduct of technical inspections of small arms weapons, and towed artillery howitzers, all equipment, and maintenance shops or facilities for maintaining small arms or towed artillery howitzers. The Senior Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief assists the Weapons Repair Officer in all duties and tasks. They manage command environmental and hazardous waste programs. They supervise and provide oversight of disposal, storage, emergency planning for hazardous waste, and ozone depleting substances.
- See Requirements
- Must have completed Ground Ordnance Managers Course (A14GBS6) or will do so at the first opportunity.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of maintenance procedures for small arms weapons, and towed artillery howitzers, repair shop management and operations, maintenance and supply procedures.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of environmental and hazardous waste programs, disposal, storage, emergency planning for hazardous waste, and ozone depleting substances.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.33A w/ch 1-2, Ground Ordnance Maintenance Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Mechanics, Installers, and Repairers 49-1011.
Related Military Skill:
- Ordnance Vehicle Maintenance Chief, 2149.