MGySgt to Pvt - PMOS
Ammunition Technicians work in every facet of the ammunition field, including receipt, storage, issue, and handling of ammunition and toxic chemicals.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess a GT score of 100 or higher.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have normal color vision.
- No convictions by court-martial, civilian courts, or nonjudicial punishment of any type involving larceny, theft, or trafficking of any controlled substances.
- Complete the Enlisted Ammunition Specialist Course (A2123C1) Ft Lee, VA.
- Marines who handle ammunition and explosives must meet the criteria to be qualified and certified in accordance with MCO 8023.3B.
- Marines who are assigned MOS 2311 as their primary duties must be capable of meeting the command screening requirements in MCO 1040.31.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.89A, Ammunition Technician/Officer Training and Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters 47-5031.
Related Military Skill:
- Aviation Ordnance Chief, 6591.