Sgt to Pvt - PMOS
Technical Controllers operate and maintain technical control equipment. They establish technical control sites, locate and correct faults, and improve signal quality in communications networks to maintain adequate communications and data services for the MAGTF commander. Typical duties include testing of circuits to ensure circuit quality is maintained, repairing faults or reducing degradation in communications networks, and maintaining records on activation/deactivation of communications links and maintenance actions performed. Technical Controller Marines operate and maintain technical control equipment by performing tasks including equipment adjustments and replacing faulty components/parts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have completed one year of high school algebra.
- Complete the Basic Electronics Course and Technical Controller Course, at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Marines must have 36 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Technical Controller Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Radio Mechanics 49-2021.
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers 49-2022.
Related Military Skill: