Technical Control Chief
MGySgt to SSgt - PMOS
Technical Control Chiefs supervise the operation and maintenance of technical control equipment used in MAGTF and joint communications networks. They are trained to evaluate the technical supportability and limitations of communications equipment, draft MAGTF/joint systems architecture and communications plans, and coordinate technical interface and restoration issues with higher, adjacent, and subordinate commands. This MOS is a career progression for MOS 2821.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Top Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Complete the Advanced Electronics Course and Technical Control Chief Course, at MCCES 29 Palms, CA.
- Marine must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Technical Control Chief Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of PCS (DUINS) or PCA (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers 49-2022
Related Military Skill: