Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) Technician
GySgt to LCpl - NMOS (2831, 2862)
The Advanced Extremely High Frequency (AEHF) Technician MOS identifies maintenance personnel that have received the training to repair and support the AEHF Satellite Communications Systems. This MOS will only be assigned to Marines holding primary MOS 2831 or 2862 and that are assigned to Division Communications Company or Communications Battalion.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an EL score of 115 or higher.
- Must have normal color vision.
- Security requirement: Secret security clearance eligibility.
- Must have completed one year of high school algebra.
- (6) Must have primary MOS of 2831 or 2862.
- Complete the Digital Wideband Technician Course at Ft Gordon, GA.
- Marines must have 24 months obligated service remaining upon graduation from the Digital Wideband Technician Course. This obligated service must be obtained prior to execution of TEMINS (DUINS) of TAD (DUINS) orders to the course.
- For a complete listing of duties and tasks, refer to NAVMC 3500.6B, 2800 Ground Electronics Maintenance Training Readiness Manual.
Related SOC Classification/SOC Code:
- Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers 49-2022.
Related Military Skill:
- Electronics Maintenance Technician, 2862.